Thursday, March 5, 2009

And the verdict is...

Well, the ultrasound pictures clearly show the baby is a BOY!!! It looks like I am going to be outnumbered, but I am just fine with it. My fluid levels are where they should be and everything looks good. He is developing and growing like he should be. The ultrasound technician even gave me some 4-d pictures, which I will post when I figure out how to work the scanner. It was really cool to see him like that. He had his legs crossed at first, so I was worried that we wouldn't be able to tell the gender, but he moved after a few minutes. Devin was really hoping for a boy, so he is really glad. I didn't really care one way or the other, so of course I am happy! I think that it will be good for Corey to have a friend. I have been pointing out babies to him when we see one, and he seems like he is interested and almost in awe or like he realizes that they are little and delicate, so he has to be gentle. I show him the ultrasound pictures and he points and says "beebee". I think he's starting to understand a little bit. But weather we are ready or not this baby will be here soon! I am very excited and a little nervous. I know that I am going to have another c-section, but other than that I don't know what to expect. Time will tell I guess.
Well, that's all for now. I mostly wanted to share our good news with everyone.

7 comments:

*Shaffen and Misty* said...

Congrats...you will be in my boat on being out-numbered! But I love it!!! I LOVE my BOYS!!!! They are a crack up!

Rachel said...

Congratulations! Now you can shop :)

jacblanch said...

Yay for another nephew! Corey will have so much fun having a brother.

brandygirl000 said...

congrats. I'm sure boys are fun...maybe some day, I'll see what it's like.

Heidi Pinckard said...

I am really excited about a boy. We won't need to buy much in the way of clothes (at least until he gets a little older), but we will need to get another crib and two portable cribs. The portable crib we bought for Corey was only used a few times. Devin and Corey flew to Washington to visit a cousin a few months ago, and the airline people broke it. So, there went $60 down the drain.
Anyway, I don't think I am going to mind being outnumbered. I already have tones of fun with the guys in my life. Corey is the sweetest little boy and Devin is such a good father and husband. It makes all of the hard work and deathly pregnancies worth it. Thank you to all of you for your love and support!

Candace said...

Hooray Heidi!!! Another boy will definitely be fun!!

Nikki said...

Congratulations Heidi. Boys are so much fun.