Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Ode to Casey


Last Friday Casey was bit by a spider and he died. I am so sad and heartbroken. I got Casey after Leavi died, so when Casey died it was like it all happened all over again. He was such a sweet and fun little doggie and I loved him so much. I miss him like crazy! This is the most recent picture that I have of Casey and it was taken a few months ago. Poor thing was in desperate need of a haircut, but I still think he is as cute as ever! So here is my ode to Casey: Thank you for being such a good friend and comfort to me when I needed you most. I'm sorry if I wasn't the greatest friend to you when you needed me. I love you and you will always be in my heart. Thank you for the fun times!
Because I was so upset after I found Casey Devin spent the better part of the weekend looking online for another Yorkie. He was going to suprise me. Sunday afternoon after Church Devin told me to hurry and change my clothes because he had found another St. Bernard that he was going to get. He had set an appointment to go and pick it up. As much as I love Chuck, I just couldn't bring myself to be very excited because a St. Bernard just isn't even close to Casey. I changed my clothes and we left. A few minutes later we pulled up in front of a house with a 6 foot fence in the back so I just assumed that the dog was back there. Devin said "I know you're not very excited about this dog, so you don't have to go in if you don't want to." I said that I would go in and see the dog because it was going to become a part of our family. So we wlaked into the house and the lady said that "They are in the kitchen." I was thinking that was weird to have a bunch of St. Bernards in the kitchen becasue they are so big. We walked into the kitchen and there on the floor was four little yorkie puppies! I just turned to Devin and hugged him and started bawling. The lady said "Oh, you didn't know... this was a suprise." I was just beside myself with joy and suprise. There was one little male left from the litter that hadn't been spoken for, so I get him. He is the biggest of the litter and so snuggly. I haven't decided what to name him yet, only that it has to be five letters to fit in with the rest of the family.
Oh yeah, and we also have inherited a kitten. Someone left him on our doorstep a couple of weeks ago, and I didn't have the heart to turn him away. Poor Devin is allergic to cats, so he has been such a trooper! Corey is insistent that the cat's name is Black (even though he is a little fluffy gray cat!). We have food and a litter box for him and he has done great with the litter box. There has only been 2 messes, and that was before I got the litter box set up. He is a fun little guy.

2 comments:

jacblanch said...

I'm so sad about poor little Casey. That just breaks my heart. :( I'm glad that you're getting a new little puppy though! Yay!

Megan said...

Oh Heidi! I am so sorry about Casey! :( I am crying. I am glad that you get new little friend to keep you company though! I love you!!!