Thursday, April 14, 2011

ketchup

Well, like the title says, I need to catch up! :) Since Christmas life has been busy but good. Health wise this year has been a lot better for the three of us. Corey thought he would try some ibuprofen pills, but thankfully he didn't eat enough to warrant having his stomach pumped. That gave us a scare though! Devin is due to finish his Master's in about six months. Halelujia! I am so proud of him. He has worked hard to get there. Corey is just plugging along. He will be four this year and I can't beleive it! His vocabulary is advancing a lot and he says the funniest things. Here is a sample: "Dad, I not you kid!" "Hi weatheart" "Goomorning mom" (that one works all day long) "I need a go potty" or "I poot" "Mom, Dovy git me" (Darby the bully yorkie) "Gees!" "Oh yeah, uh huh!" (that one goes with a little victory dance) "Oh cwap" "You funny" There is so much more, but I can't think of all of the phrases right now. But he is happy and healthy and funny as ever! I am still working and doing school. Life is crazy! And I have to say that I have the best husband ever! Devin planned a suprise trip for me to fly to Arizona to see my family next month! He set it up with my parents and made sure that I didn't know anything about it until I had to take the time off of work. He is sending me by myself because he wants me to have a break. He must know how desperately I need a break! It will be nice to see everyone. Also, Dustin (my younger brother) was in a dirtbike accident on the 4th of March. I'm sure that everyone who read this knows, but I need to document it for my own remembering. Dustin had three pins put into the second vertebrae in his neck. He is still in a neck brace just to stabilize it until everything is healed. Dustin is a miracle! The wreck in itself should have killed him. Not only that, within an hour after the surgery he was wlaking around! I love Dustin so much and I am so glad that he made it through and that he will be able to live a normal life after recovery. I love you so much Dustin and I am so excited to see you next month! I will post lots of pictures after I load them onto my computer. I hope this post will be enough to appease you all until then.

2 comments:

Candace said...

Glad to hear all is well!! We're excited for Devin, that's awesome!! Man we want to see you guys!!

Megan said...

Yay sis! I seriously get all giddy and giggly when I think about you coming to visit! I can not wait!!! We are going to have sooo much fun! Love ya!