Friday, April 17, 2009

Purse dog

Well, last week we watched my mother-in-law's Yorkie. I decided that I liked him, so Devin said that we could look for one of our own. Well, I looked and found one!
We drove to Apache Junction last night and got back with little Casey at about 11:30 p.m. On the drive home I kind of started laughing and Devin asked what I was laughing at. I said that some people buy lap dogs, but I bought a purse dog. Devin asked what I was talking about, so I explained further. I now have a dog that is portable enough to go just about everywhere. He fits not just in my lap, but in just about any purse. Once I have him potty trained I can take him anywhere I go... He's a purse dog!
Casey is just tiny and fun and cuddly and cute as ever! He likes to play and he cuddles a lot. I'm guessing that he is about two pounds and he shouldn't get much bigger. He is a tea-cup Yorkie. I will post pictures when I take some. I think Casey is just what I need right now.
Corey is still adjusting to the idea of having something else take away mom and dad's attention, but he knows he has to be nice and sweet to Casey because he is a baby. Corey brought a book to me to read to him this morning and he sat in my lap. After I started reading the book, Casey decided he wanted to cuddle and read a book too. He climbed into Corey's lap and Corey pushed him back to the floor. But later Corey was trying to pet Casey and be "mice" (nice). I think they will get along well...eventually.

2 comments:

jacblanch said...

Seriously, I think he is the cutest dog I have EVER seen!!!

Heidi Pinckard said...

Why thank you! I still have my bad days, but having Corey and Casey around helps a lot.