Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Some thoughts

I was thinking today... The older I get the more I realize that family is where it's at. People come and go (there are the few that are more like family) but family members are there forever. Family is the focal point in life, and in death. My family does not define me, yet they help to shape me into who I am. With them I feel stronger and better equipped to conquer the world, and without them I am just me. I met Devin at Subway for lunch today. Apparently it was the high school's lunch time too, because there was several students there. I noticed how involved they seemed to be in their young lives and I wanted to walk up to them and tell them not to worry about that stuff, that it was just a small part of life and that their lives would blossom and grow as their families did. Of course they wouldn't have listened to me because I know I didn't listen when people tried to tell me the same thing. It just makes me appreciate my family even more now. I can't imagine my life without Devin and Corey. They are my world and they keep me going. I feel like I can't fully express my gratitude for such a wonderful husband and son and hopefully it will keep getting better.

1 comment:

jacblanch said...

I completely agree with you! Family is where it's at. Love ya tons!!!v <3 :0)